Re: Sending a private message using Thunderbird

Carolyn Arnold

Using the Context method does not work in Outlook for getting the sender's address.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Sending a private message using Thunderbird

I wouldn’t assume that will always work. For technical reasons that have to do with list serves getting aroundd spam prevention measures, I believe some e-mail addresses may not be shown in usable form. And if your method works, then my method will work for a message. If Your method doesn’t work, mine won’t.

If you look at what I believe is my previous message, you will see that I said that using a method I describe may work for a lot of addresses and then I give another method. If you have to edit the address as I describe using my method, you would have to paste the clipboard address into a blank message and edit it in just the same way.

What I am not sure of is whether the method I give in my prevvious message works for all addresses or only for a lot so people should have access to both methods I describe in that message.

Gene