Re: Recommendations for a new laptop

Kathy Pingstock

I am a little dumb in this area what is considered a solid-state drive question do you like a certain brand other than another brand question
Kathy

On Jun 16, 2021, at 9:41 AM, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@...> wrote:

Hi Kathy.

In my experience, as one who uses jaws and the Microsoft office suite all the time, I can state that the two features that will make you happy are a solid state hard drive, and 16 gig of ram. Sure it is true that 8 gig will suffice, but I have 16 ram and solid state hard drives in all of my computers now and they work great. The difference in cost between 8 gig of ram and 16 gig is almost negligible.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kathy Pingstock
Sent: June 16, 2021 10:23 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recommendations for a new laptop

I will not be traveling with my laptop. I am doing a ministry through our church so I use the Internet a lot. I also print out braille so I have a Duxberry program and of course I use the latest jaws I just wanted to make sure that I have enough memory in my computer for it to last me for a little bit I also like to keep books on my computer because I download from bard as well

 I do not want a slow computer

Kathy Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2021, at 9:04 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

What do you do with your laptop? How much is your budget?

Will you be traveling a lot with this and need a good  battery ?