Re: Recommendations for a new laptop

Monte Single

Hi Kathy,

A solid state drive has no moving parts. So, unlike the standard hard drives,

---there are no moving parts.

---they do not overheat.

---they use less energy and last longer.

These days, they are quite affordable.

Also,  most new laptops now come with a solid state  drive by default.

…and they are faster than  the  traditional mechanical drive.

Good brand names are Kingston, crucial, Samsung, etc..

I would not purchase a new p c or laptop without a solid state drive.

You wrote that you will not  be moving/carrying your  laptop from  place to place, so you can get one that may be a little heavier than  a very lightweight one.

Laptops with a numeric keypad are a little bigger than those without.