Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recommendations for a new laptop

Well Gene, I’m basing my recommendations on experience, not things I read. She stated she will be using windows 10, jaws 2021, and the Microsoft suite. By your own admission you:

  1. Do not use windows 10.
  2. Do not use jaws.

And

C, do not use the Microsoft suite.

I have used all these things on many different computers and I can state from experience that there is a difference. Plus, as John stated, as windows 11 is on the horizon it would be prudent to at least consider a little bit of future proofing.

I can’t state exactly how much more 16 gig would cost over 8, but even if it’s around $100, it’s worth the extra cost in my opinion. Regarding a solid state drive over a mechanical one, the differences are not even debatable.

Ultimately it’s her choice.