Re: how to get access to an IPad

Marie Nelson

Several of the lists I am subscribed to in Groups.io, there is a link which is stated as: reply to sender. This works quite nicely in any email client you choose to use. Could this be added to the TechTalk emails?

Marie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 11:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to get access to an IPad

I found out that the more simple method I gave originally will work in Thunderbird a lot of the time.  I’m not sure how often it may not work.  So try the more simple method first.  I’ll give it again below with an additional step or two and an additional comment or two..

If it doesn’t work for the e-mail message you are using, try the more complicated method.

Open the message.

Shift tab once.

Tab once.

Open the context menu.

Down arrow to compose message to, then press enter.

A message will open and you will be in the subject line.

Shift tab once.

Left arrow once.

You will hear the address announced.

If you want to hear it again, use read current line.

If it is correct, tab to the subject line, write the subject, then tab to the message body and write and send the message.

If you don’t hear the correct address, use the procedure I gave in my second description.  Here is what you do:

You can continue to work with the same message.  If the address is not correct, and you will know it because it will say something that makes no sense such as at groups.io at the end:

Press enter once.

press home.

Right arrow until you get to the equals sign.  Then right arrow one more time.

Hold shift and press end.  Then press delete.

then right arrow until the end of the proper address.

You will see a second at sign after the end of the proper address.

Stop on it.

Press shift and press end while holding shift.

Press delete.

You now have the correct address and can continue to the subject line to fill it out and then to the message body to write and send the message.

Gene