Re: Recommendations for a new laptop

enes sarıbaş

This is incorrect. 8 gb is ok, but 16 is even better. With no apps open, my win10 system eats about 5.5 gb. That leaves  very little for anything else if I used 8 gb. True a powerful computer probably isn't required, but an 800-900 or so good laptop is worth it for the responsiveness and pleasant experience. A minimum  of dual channel ram, an SSD, discrete graphics, and an i5/R5.

On 6/16/2021 8:27 AM, Gene wrote:
You don’t need a powerful computer to do what you want to do.  Most computers today come with 8gb of ram and you don’t need more.  You aren’t using any memory intensive applications that might bring you even close to using 8gb of RAM.  I haven’t priced various laptops or kept up with different models for a long time, but I doubt you will have to spend more than five or six hundred dollars to get a laptop that will fill your needs well.  I’ll let others discuss the question further.

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recommendations for a new laptop

I will not be traveling with my laptop. I am doing a ministry through our church so I use the Internet a lot. I also print out braille so I have a Duxberry program and of course I use the latest jaws I just wanted to make sure that I have enough memory in my computer for it to last me for a little bit I also like to keep books on my computer because I download from bard as well

I do not want a slow computer

Kathy Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2021, at 9:04 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

What do you do with your laptop? How much is your budget?

Will you be traveling a lot with this and need a good  battery ?