Re: a white cane question

Pamela Dominguez

I've never seen a cane that's loose like that. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] a white cane question

Hi all,

I don't use a white cane much because when I go somewhere I'm almost
always with somebody sighted and I walk sighted guide with them. I do
have a cane though, one that an O&M instructor gave me, and it's
slightly bigger around than any other cane I've ever had and the 3
sections fit together very loosely. Is that the way all canes are made
these days?

I won't try to replace this one because I do use it so seldom, but when
I unfold the cane and put the joints together they seem loose enough to
me that one of the joints may snap if I get the cane stuck in a crack or
in some other obstacle.

Thanks.

Troy

https://www.avg.com