Re: NVDA password echo

Gene

I don’t know if JAWS has any ability to do this.  NVDA has an add-on that will cause passwords to be announced just as other text is when you type.  You can’t read the password after you type it but the carachters are announced when typing.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA password echo

Unfortunately, no screen reader I've ever used has a way to echo a password. I'm assuming this is for security reasons.

Some websites and programs have a button that says, "Show Password." When you click on it, the password is displayed the way it was typed.

But this feature isn't always available. So, I suggest typing the password into a Notepad document, then copying and pasting it into the password field. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...