From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 6:04 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recommendations for a new laptop

From the very article you linked to:

A graphics card is essentially responsible for generating the images you see on your monitor.

It is often associated with gaming purposes, but do you need a graphics card if you don’t play games?

In short, not really.

Next quote:

Even if you don’t play games, some activities still require an excellent GPU.

This includes things like video and photo editing, 3D rendering, and even cryptocurrency mining.

Not to mention software used for engineering and scientific projects.

Having a dedicated GPU will boost all of these activities’ performances.

One or two other activities are mentioned in the article, none of which the person or the typical user does.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:37 PM

That depends. Graphics aren't just for photoshop or gaming.

https://gameranswers.com/do-i-need-a-graphics-card-if-i-dont-play-games/

On 6/17/2021 6:15 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:

Just as I thought. She doesn’t need  integrated graphics.

John