From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb
II
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 1:18 PM
To: blindandroidusers@groups.io
Cc: main@TechTalk.groups.io; Tech4theblind@groups.io;
blind-techies@groups.io; PhonesForTheBlind@groups.io;
blind-philly-comp@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] opinion: the Pixel 4A, iPad Mini5,
Kyocera Dora extreme, or LG V60

So I've got $140 in device dollars which I need to use by
July 10th from Verizon.

I'm debating about getting the Pixel 4A or an iPad mini5.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S10 which I know will be
upgradable to android 12. I've also got an iPhone SE first
gen.

Reasons for getting the pixel is that I'd get the latest
versions of android, I could ask on this list, and I could a
also call the google disability desk if I should have
problems with Be My Eyes, plus all of the issues with
Samsung devices I've seen as of late.

As far as the iPad mini5, it still has the t touch ID sensor
and headphone jack and will be supported longer than my SE
first gen (which while I know will run on iOS 15, won't run
past that most likely.)

I could also hold off on getting that pixel and get it when
android 13 comes out, as I think Samsung would fix their
issues by the time 12 is out.

I'm looking for advice.

Thing is, I have to use these dollars by July 10th or I lose
them. So I'm getting something one way or the other .

The other thought I've considered is replacing my LG Exalt
LTE with the Kyocera Dora extreme.

The advantage of that over the LG is that it is a lot
louder thru its speaker and headphone jack for phone calls.

I've also got a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running android 10 .
If I traded that in I will only get $128.

I also don't think I'd get a ton of money for the S10 +
either. It's the 1TB model unlocked.

If you had to pick between these 3 devices, which one would
you go with and why?

I'm thinking that the pixel would have the most staying
power.

I'm also thinking any of these things I don't have to
absolutely have right now. But I'm stuck using these dollars
so got to do something with them.

SO hmm.

Your thoughts and opinions?

If you had to buy one of these devices, which one would you
pick and why?

Of Corse I'm thinking about the LG V60 because of its quad
DAC.

John