Re: decided to buy a new desktop

John Holcomb II

From what I remember Dell’s are easiest to open up based on my reading.

You probably want one that you don’t k needs tools to open.

I’d go mainstream core I7 if I were you.

G Get that M.2 drive for programs and then you could get a tower with 3 or more beys depending on how bibg you wanna go to put s spinning drives in for storage.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 6:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] decided to buy a new desktop

I keep my desktops for a long time so I need one that can grow. I have several expansion bays that let me add ports. I like to be able to change the ports out if one goes bad. Unfortunately, a lot of my things are integrated the sound, internet,  graphics and some of the ports. I also can have 3 other drives for storage besides my local c drive. I am the one who has all the back ups in the house so, I have a backup drive for me and a backup drive for someone else, not on the same drives.  I know it will be way smaller as the drives are so small.  I know, I can just have external drives but, the internal are much faster and it easy to search if you are using back up internal drives. I am trying to plan on not just the technology for now, but, the technology down the road. I usually keep my pcs for 8 to 10 years. All the pcs I see has everything monitor, keyboard, mouse. I just need a new tower. I have a monitor 2 years old that is a USB. I have USB speakers and a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I noticed my tower casing could have better benalation, guess I do not have much choice in that one.  I am hoping to get an easier tower casing, this one is a real pain to get off. I think it would be real cool to look in the new towers, less wireing like the old spinning drives have in the towers.

I wish I could open up the desk tops to feel what the insides are going to look like. How are the drives going to be placed in the tower, some they slide in and snap in place and others they require screws to hold them in place. Some you have to unscrew the bays and others let you slide in ports to add to the machine. I even saw a YouTube video where, they were able to replace the power  box on their pc and just went out and got another one. I guess you can buy towers that do not have the power boxes integrated on the mother boards. I thought your pc was a goner if the power supply dies on you.

Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10