From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 6:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] decided to buy a new desktop

I’m not sure what you are saying.  I’m saying that I had no problem with heat using old machines going back to the nineties.  And I don’t know what you mean by the most basic of computer tasks.  I used machines from the early 2000’s to browse, stream, including from Youtube, record audio, word process, and copy backups to external drives.  My laptop is about eleven years old.  Even if my apartment is warm, eighty or eighty-five degrees, I have absolutely no trouble with heat doing the things I discuss, nor do I have problems with the other much older machines I have.  My fans do not race.

I hope others enter into this conversation.  You just do not need a nine-hundred dollar machine if you are a typical computer user, though you seem, as I understand what you are saying, to be advocating that.

Gene