Re: Accessible TV's right out of the box

Merv Keck

We googled what we needed. But it is pretty self explanatory once it is turned on. And there are quite a few people on groups who own them now.
The accessible remote was refreshed this spring along with the Toshiba Fire TV which is available in a variety of sizes all the way up to 75 inches if you have watchers with vision.
Merv

On Jun 21, 2021, at 10:52 PM, Blaster <blaster.nil8@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Thanks, That's great to know!
Is the instructions for activating the voice view in the supplied
documentation or did you find it out on your own?

Regards,
Blaster

On 6/21/21, Merv Keck via groups.io <blind5sparrow=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Toshiba Fire TV is accessible right out of the box. I have the 43 inch and
it has 4 HDMI and one thumb drive which I use extensively to view media I
previously saved to my computer. It also has Alexa built in so I can control
it with my voice if I so choose. I needed no help or vision to put this
together or to connect it to anything. It also has voice view which is very
customizable.
Merv

On Jun 21, 2021, at 8:33 PM, Blaster <blaster.nil8@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list, Since Amazon is having their big 2 day sale I was wondering
if anyone could tell me if any of the talking brands are accessible
right out of the box, since I don't have sighted assistance. I found
these brands available.
Toshiba, Samsung & Insignia.
If anyone has set one of these TV's up from scratch I'd love to hear about
it.

Thanks,
Blaster