Re: rechording tv shows from a tv to a laptop

DAVID GLOBE

Hello Gene.  This is all hypothetical at this point.  I'm trying to figure out how to rechord tv shows like we did when vcr's were the thing.  When I get my laptop computer back, I'll try these things with it and figure out what I need.  Thanks so much.

David

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: July 2, 2021 2:50 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] rechording tv shows from a tv to a laptop

Do you already record material from something else  in that way?  While you may need a cable with one or more different plugs to go into what you are recording from, it’s the same for all such recording.  I’m not discussing making USB recordings.  I’m saying it’s the same, meaning you use a line in jack on the sound card and either a line out jack on the device or something like an ear;phone jack.

Does your computer have a line in jack?  If not, you would have to get an external sound card that has one.

Sent: Friday, July 02, 2021 12:53 PM

Is it possible to set up a laptop to rechord your favorit tv shows, without using a microphone?  I would like to try to rechord without it picking up the noise of the room.

David