Re: Audio Book Apps

Abbie Taylor

I've never used Scribe or Overdrive, but I use Audible, BARD, and Bookshare. Audible costs a little more than Scrib for a subscription, but you get one credit for a free book each month.

I've never had issues with BARD eating up battery life on my iPhone, but that's probably because I lock the phone when listening to a book. I use Voice Dream Reader for Bookshare books, and it will also read books in other file types such as pdf and epub. The downside, of course, is that you don't get human narrators, but you can purchase natural-sounding voices, and you get one free voice when you buy the software. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...