Re: Audio Book Apps

Shelly Kane

Abbie:

Thank you so much for explaining things to me.  I know that BARD has a lot of books but with this other app on my phone, I have noticed books that BARD doesn't have.  I didn't want to waste my money on another book app because I had BARD but I see a lot of people have several services for books.  I really like how this app is set up.  I figured I would use BARD when I'm home but when I'm out and about, I would use Scribd or whatever else I chose.  Glad that I'm not the only one who is going with another book service.  You have answered my question.  Have a great weekend.

Shelly

On 7/2/2021 4:59 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
I've never used Scribe or Overdrive, but I use Audible, BARD, and Bookshare. Audible costs a little more than Scrib for a subscription, but you get one credit for a free book each month.

I've never had issues with BARD eating up battery life on my iPhone, but that's probably because I lock the phone when listening to a book. I use Voice Dream Reader for Bookshare books, and it will also read books in other file types such as pdf and epub. The downside, of course, is that you don't get human narrators, but you can purchase natural-sounding voices, and you get one free voice when you buy the software. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...