Re: Accessible SSH Client

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  You could try Putty.  Also,  You don't need to know anything about programming languages.  Rather, you should be aware of File and Folder permissions.  If it is a Linux server you are going to ssh into, then you should know that there are three basic levels of permissions you can be granted, or allowed to grant if you are an administrator.  These permissions are read, write and execute. You would normally give anyone other then the administrator permision to read and write a file or folder, but the execute permission is only given to the admin of the cerver, so that only he/she has total control over the files and folders on the server machine.  Cheers!

On 5/7/2021 10:48 pm, Joe Orozco wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations on an accessible SSH client on
Windows? I’m using JAWS and am trying to communicate with my Lightsail
installation on Amazon. Further, how much programming language will I
need to know to execute commands? I’ve seen instructions on the web.
The commands seem straightforward, but I would primarily be copying
and pasting what I find to do things like change file permissions and
such. Thank you kindly in advance for any assistance.

Joe