Also, as someone coming from Jaws, there is an article with information on some of the first things which might be useful for you - where things you know from Jaws are in NVDA and so on: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 8:06 AM Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
Hi Janet,

Here is the link  to download the current version of nvda.

https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

The current version is 2020.4.

ON the download page you are asked to makea donation.
This  is voluntary.

You will find that nvda is very similar to jaws.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: July 5, 2021 3:04 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Help Please.

Hi Everyone,
I am ready to switch from JAWS to NVDA screen reader, so my question is can
someone please tell me what is the knewest version of NVDA, so I can
download it? Can someone give me a link to download it from a safe web site?
Can someone tell me what I might need to know about downloading NVDA?  Is
there a certain setting I should know about when installing NVDA? Any other
tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.