Re: how to restore the .zip in .zip files

Gene

I don't have Windows 10.  this article explains a number of ways  to do this, but I reproduce a way that doesn't involve things like working with the registry.  You may not find these instructions helpful, since they don't use keyboard commands, but if you know how to apply general descriptions to using the keyboard, you may be able to do this, depending on how good you are at applying visual instructions.

If you wait, others will likely send instructions that describe using the keyboard.  But if you don't want to wait, you may try these.

Show File Extensions in Windows 10
There are five ways how you can go about accessing this setting:
1. Through the File Explorer Options
2. Through Windows Explorer Ribbon
3. Using the Registry
4. Using Command Prompt
5. Using Group Policy Editor.
1] Through Folder or File Explorer Options
To Show File Extensions in Windows 10 via File Explorer Options, follow these steps:
1. Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
2. Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called
3. Select the View tab.
4. In this tab, under Advanced Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types.
5. Uncheck this option
6. Click on Apply and OK.

Gene.

At 11:43 AM 7/6/2021, Terrilynne Pomeroy, wrote:

No, no file extensions are showing.

TerriLynne