Re: how to restore the .zip in .zip files

Kimsan

Thanks for that bro.

I’ve been meaning to do this after I had to reconfigure everything on my system.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 12:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to restore the .zip in .zip files

Hi Terrilynne,

Here you go, 2 ways to hide or unhide file extensions:

From: Mike B.

1. Open File Explorer, here are 2 ways you can access File Explorer.
A. From your desktop press enter on the, ThisPC, icon if you have it showing.
B. Press, Windows key + E from anywhere on the computer.

2. Press, Alt + F, then press the letter, O, to open Folder Options, now Control + tab to the, View page / tab.

3. Tab once or twice to, Advanced Settings Tree View, press the letter, H , to take you to, Hidden files and folders, if closed right arrow to open.

4. Down arrow to, Hide extensions for known file types, it'll be reported as either, On or Off.  Use the spacebar to toggle this to your choice.

5. If you make any changes tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, then tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.

Mike

File Extensions, How To Show Or Hide Using the Ribbon Keystrokes

From: Ann Byrne
 Alt + v, then,H, then, F

The above keystroke sequence is a toggle, so it'll hide or unhide file extensions.

Ann

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2021 8:43 AM

No, no file extensions are showing.