question about amazon alexa devices

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I apologize ahead of time for the complicated explanation below and I hope it doesn't get too confusing.

I have an amazon echo 2nd generationand a portable speaker from Sonos that has alexa built in. I keep these 2 devices on the same desk within a foot of each other and over the past 3 days or so I've been having trouble getting alexa to respond to me through the echo. During the same time I've had trouble with the Sonos speaker, and I ended up calling Sonos about that yesterday and they helped me reset it. Now today it seems like the echo is responding as it usually does without the problems I've had with it over the past 3 days, so is it possible that the problem I was having with the Sonos speaker was also affecting the echo since I keep them right next to each other? Btw the Sonos product has a power button, and I can't always tell if it's on or off but I try to keep it turned off when not in use. This is the new Sonos Roam speaker that they just started selling in April of this year.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Troy