Re: question about amazon alexa devices

Troy Burnham

When I turn the Sonos speaker on to use it I walk away from the other device, when I use the echo the Sonos device is always off or at least I think so, as I said I lose track sometimes and that's because the Sonos speaker makes the same noise no matter if I'm turning it on or not. That's about the only thing I don't like about that device.

Troy

On 7/7/2021 4:20 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Its probably because both devices are so close to each other. That they're not sure which one is suppose to respond.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2021 4:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] question about amazon alexa devices

Hi all,

I apologize ahead of time for the complicated explanation below and I hope it doesn't get too confusing.

I have an amazon echo 2nd generationand a portable speaker from Sonos
that has alexa built in. I keep these 2 devices on the same desk within
a foot of each other and over the past 3 days or so I've been having
trouble getting alexa to respond to me through the echo. During the same
time I've had trouble with the Sonos speaker, and I ended up calling
Sonos about that yesterday and they helped me reset it. Now today it
seems like the echo is responding as it usually does without the
problems I've had with it over the past 3 days, so is it possible that
the problem I was having with the Sonos speaker was also affecting the
echo since I keep them right next to each other? Btw the Sonos product
has a power button, and I can't always tell if it's on or off but I try
to keep it turned off when not in use. This is the new Sonos Roam
speaker that they just started selling in April of this year.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Troy