Re: question about amazon alexa devices

-

The echo has nothing to do with the sonus actions. Likely the two devices are attached to different cloud servers and can produce problems in
one and not the other.. Turning off and on an echo device often resolves problems.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, Troy Burnham wrote:

Hi all,

I apologize ahead of time for the complicated explanation below and I
hope it doesn't get too confusing.

I have an amazon echo 2nd generationand a portable speaker from Sonos
that has alexa built in. I keep these 2 devices on the same desk within
a foot of each other and over the past 3 days or so I've been having
trouble getting alexa to respond to me through the echo. During the same
time I've had trouble with the Sonos speaker, and I ended up calling
Sonos about that yesterday and they helped me reset it. Now today it
seems like the echo is responding as it usually does without the
problems I've had with it over the past 3 days, so is it possible that
the problem I was having with the Sonos speaker was also affecting the
echo since I keep them right next to each other? Btw the Sonos product
has a power button, and I can't always tell if it's on or off but I try
to keep it turned off when not in use. This is the new Sonos Roam
speaker that they just started selling in April of this year.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Troy

--
Dan d.
XR