Re: reading pdf's

Kimsan

Yes, and I shift tabbed like 10 times.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 7:35 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] reading pdf's

Do you hear open file dialog spoken when you issue the command control o?  Try shift tabbing more than once.  I don’t know just exactly what you will move through but there should be a list of files and folders, as there is in any standard open dialog.

From your description, however, you may not be in the open file dialog.  If not, and if you are using control o, I don’t know what the problem is.  You can use another program, of course, I discussed using browsers because you won’t have to install another program. 

If you don’t hear open file dialog when you use control o and wait a little while, let us know and let us know what you do hear.

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2021 9:21 PM

Using chrome, when I do CTRL O, shift tab to navigate to the file, so far all I hear is remove and the name of a recent URL I visited.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 1:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

What browser do you use?  If it isn’t Internet Explorer and is reasonably current, it will be likely to be able to read PDF documents. 

Chrome-based browsers can and Firefox can.  I don’t know about other browsers.

Use control o, not control l to open the open file dialog.  Find and open the file just as you would in any open dialog.

Wait a bit and then start down arrowing.  You may see preliminary items that don’t matter but below various buttons and perhaps this or that odd and end, the document should begin. 

it may be, I haven’t compared or seen much about this, that this or that browser may render a document better in terms of formatting.

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2021 2:13 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] reading pdf's

Hi,

I have a pdf file, I need to be able to read it, what program can I use? Also, where can it be downloaded?

Thanks.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.