Re: a free speach system

Gene

I wasn’t sure what you meant by a free speech system.  If you mean a free screen-reader, as someone said, NVDA is a very good screen-reader.  It won’t meet certain needs but it will meet a lot, perhaps most peoples’ needs well.  The reason I said it may not meet everyone’s needs is because there are certain things you can’t do.  You can’t define what JAWS calls frames, that is, tell certain parts of the screen to take actions when something happens in that part of the screen.  You may be able to have someone write a script for NVDA to do what you want, but it isn’t as user definable.  But for a lot or most people it will meet their needs.  I use it.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] a free speach system

Well it was a bit off topic, I didn't want to get lectured, again.

On 7/14/2021 2:44 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:

Lmao preach it.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io On Behalf Of Hope Williamson
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 5:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Yeah we really do need a free speech system. Any semblance of that has pretty much gone over the last couple years. Lol watch the subject lines, they can be misleading.

On 7/14/2021 1:35 PM, DAVID GLOBE wrote:

Hello Gene

I'm using windows ten. 

David

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: July 14, 2021 4:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Gene

-----Original Message

Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 11:27 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] a free speach system

I thought there was a very basic free screen reader that came with win 7, or with win ten.  Can anyone confirm this please?

David

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.