About a Chrome Book Computer

Howard Traxler

What is meant by a Chrome Book Computer?  Does it--or can it--run under Windows or other operating systems or only a Google Chrome priority system?  What makes it different from other Windows-based laptops?  Does it have CPU, storage, ports, etc. similar to other laptops?  Can it run NVDA, JAWS, Window-eyes, and other such screen readers?  I found a Lenovo laptop that perports to be a Chrome Book at a very good price.  I'm wondering if it would be as usable as something like a Toshiba, Dell, or others.

Opinions and facts, please.

Thanks.
Howard