Re: Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

Gene

You can have a separate password for the phone login and the Internet login.  I don’t know if the ID and passwored for the Internet login is ever the same as the phone log in.. 

Some invitations don’t have information for logging in by phone,  Even if the ID and password are all numbers, I don’t know if they will work by phone.  I receive one invitation that has nothing but Internet login information.  I receive an invitation to another meeting that has both information for the internet login below the link and then farther down, information for logging in by phone.  I haven’t checked to see if the information is the same because I log in using the Internet.

But there are two separate issues.  first, are you even getting an invitation to a meeting you can log in by phone for and second, how are you moving through the invitation?

If you are tabbing, you will miss almost all the information in the message.  the information you are looking for regarding Internet login and phone login is not a link.  It is nonlink text and will be completely skipped if you tab. 

I’m not sure if you have done this but read the e-mail as though you were reading any e-mail, that is, read to end or down arrow and see what you find.

Those who use Zoom more than I do and in both ways may be able to discuss the matter further.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

When I hit enter to open the invite, then tab, I go to Organizer, then Time, then Location.  The Location has the link for the meeting with nothing below that.  If I hit enter on that, I get the options to accept or decline the meeting.

I am asking this question because there are some situations where I cannot join directly from the link, but want to dial in only, so I need to know what the password is.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 1:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

But what happens if you follow the link?  I haven’t seen invitations with just a link and not the ID and password below it but as I asked, when you press enter on the link what happens?

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 10:53 AM

When I press enter on an invite and tab to where the link is, I do not find anything below the link, and our company is making passwords mandatory for meetings now, so there should be one.

I know the meeting id is in the link, and after the id it says “pwd=…” followed by a bunch of letters and numbers, but it isn’t the recognizable 6-digit password.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:19 AM

The passcode will be embedded within the link, but it should also appear as a six digit number directly below the link in the invite.

Chris Judge

Image removed by sender. JAWS Certified, 2021

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: July 23, 2021 3:44 PM

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number.  If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need.  If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting.  You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook.  I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite.  I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link.  Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.