Re: Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

Carolyn Arnold

Shift 7 is comma on an iPhone keypad.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 6:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

I'm still confused. Shift+7?
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:31 PM

When you put in a number in a smart phone, and that number is going to have to have extension, bank account number, whatever, that might need to be entered, put in a comma, Shift+7, and then enter the other numbers that are required in order for you to reach your telephone destination.

So, when you call, go to Contacts, enter on the contact, double-tap on number to call - VOILA, it dials number, passcode and all. I also put in a comma and then pound, because if calling in, you have to press pound after you reach your Zoom number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:09 PM

Cama separation? What are you talking about ?
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 10:15 AM

My church Zoom requires ten numbers for the passcode. I have them in my iPhone, with comma separation from the call-in number.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:19 AM

The passcode will be embedded within the link, but it should also appear as a six digit number directly below the link in the invite.

Chris Judge

<https://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Certification>

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: July 23, 2021 3:44 PM

I don’t know if a Zoom invitation can contain only a phone number. If you read it and you don’t see things clearly stated such as ID and then the code and then on another line password followed by the code, then it appears you don’t have such information.

Usually, before the information you are asking about, you get a link containing all the information you need. If you follow that link, your default browser will open and you can launch zoom from the page that opens and be taken to the meeting. You may do whichever you want, but that is a more convenient way, requiring less writing.

Gene

From: Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <mailto:pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@disney.com>

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 1:38 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Subject: [TechTalk] Finding Passcode for Zoom Meeting

All,

I am using JAWS 2021 and Outlook. I am trying to find the passcode for a Zoom meeting but do not see that on the meeting invite. I am dialing in by phone only, and not activating the Zoom link. Can anyone tell me if it is somewhere in the Outlook meeting invite that I am missing?

Thanks,

Pam

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.