Re: need cd help

Sharon S

Hi, some do get named and sometimes they are rather random names. I have had CD’s that come up with a name that has nothing to do with the book it is from.

This isn’t an issue for me since I know what the book is so I just rename it myself.

Bye for now.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Monday, 26 July 2021 9:21 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] need cd help

Sharon, why wouldn’t the books get named?  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 9:25 AM

Hi, I have the same problem when using Windows Media Player to copy discs. However, I am mainly copying audio books so I can understand why they don’t get named.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, 3 July 2021 9:48 AM

I’ve seen messages on a list recently from someone who said CDEX no longer names tracks while ripping them because the data base it used is no longer online.  My recollection from when I briefly used CDEx years ago, is that at that time, you could choose from two data-bases.  What is the situation today regarding CDEX naming tracks?

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, July 02, 2021 6:11 PM

I did not know they still have CDex. I do not think I saw it off www.ninite.com They still have old cdx?

Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, July 2, 2021 6:03 PM

CDex, not codec.

Oy.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2021 2:27 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] need cd help

Hello, I have more cds that I want to put on my pc as mp3s. However, I have not done this for a long time, long time. The last program I used was easy cd creator, I think like 4 or 5 version back in 2010 or 2011.I think it was a paid program and does not work with windows10.

So I did not like the windows utility to burn cds in to mp3s. Is there another program that one can suggest. I find the windows version turns it in to tracks, not mp3 files. Maybe I did not use the utility program that comes with 10 right. Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.