Gene:

Thank you for clearing that up.  I must have misunderstood.

Shelly

On 7/26/2021 1:07 AM, Gene wrote:
JAWS comes with Eloquence.  You say you bought it;.  If you bought the SAPI 5 Eloquence and you want to use it instead, you may.  The discussion has nothing to do with JAWS no longer supporting Eloquence or SAPI 5. It continues to support both.

Gene
-----Original message-----
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 3:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws 2022

Hi Group:

When I download Jaws 2022, does that mean I totally lose eloquence?  I bought it at one time and I was wondering if I can use that?  If not, where do I get the voices from?  Can I keep Jaws 2021 or will it get really outdated?  Sorry, I'm coming into this discussion late.

Shelly

On 7/25/2021 4:21 PM, Mohamed wrote:

Hi Gene, apart from the differences you described, there are also some slight differences in how a few words are pronounced, as it seems that IBM slightly changed the dialect the synthesizer uses. The most notable difference, however, is that in ViaVoice TTS 6.6 and newer, IBM fixed over 300 words, including given names, cities, and other such things that were pronounced incorrectly in Eloquence. The version found on IBM's FTP is version 6.7.3.2, which contains all of IBM's latest corrections.

On 7/24/2021 7:11 PM, Gene wrote:
They sound either the same or just about identical.  There are technical differences.  Eloquence doesn’t make any registry entries.  Via Voice makes at least one.  This may have implications about using Via Voice portably.  I don’t know what other technical differences may exist.

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 5:59 PM

What’s the difference between via voice and eloquence? They both sound the same.

Seems to me IBM via voice and Code Factory eloquence is the same.

I’ve bought code factory b years ago but wonder fi I needed to do that?

I could just used IBM via voice instead.

John