Re: Email Question

chris judge

Agreed. That's why I suggested she switch her account to IMap. I'd never recommend using pop 3.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: July 29, 2021 10:55 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Email Question

Hi Chris,

That is true, but you should probably switch to imap from pop3 to prevent the messages being downloaded over and over each time you use Thunderbird. If you leave the copies on the server using pop3, then you will keep getting them over and over using pop3. Better to switch all accounts to imap. Imap knows when all devices using the account have downloaded the messages and then you can individually delete each message on each device.

On 7/29/2021 4:47 AM, chris judge wrote:
Hi Shelly.

It sounds like you have thunderbird set to use pop 3, and that the option to leave a copy of your mail on the server is not checked, thus when you open thunderbird it's downloading all the mail and taking it off the server.
Others might have different info. I don't know thunderbird so others will have to assist you with changing it, but I'm guessing you will have to remove your account from thunderbird and set it up as IMap.

Cheers.

Chris Judge