Re: How to get Jaws 2021 reading number not numerals'

Gene

You are talking about tutor help.  I haven’t used JAWS for years and don’t recall where you turn it off but now that I’ve named what you are describing, you should get instructions.  This is a feature to help new users of Windows know what to do.

Are you saying that you can alt tab repeatedly and not hear the program you are on announced?  If there is no current solution, perhaps using the task bar might be a work around.  Also, JAWS has a command that will display a list of all running programs.  Those who use JAWS can discuss that as well.  That may be another work around.  I never used the feature when I used JAWS and I haven’t used JAWS for years.  You will likely get information about that command and if it works as a substitute for alt tabbing.

From: Mike B.
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to get Jaws 2021 reading number not numerals'

Hi Jim,

When you say Jaws says, Enter, on icons, do you mean like on a desktop icon, or something else like a link?

As far as the rest of your questions I can't help with the , Alt + tab, issue since this is aknown problem without a fix and I don't use the Windows calculator or WinAmp.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.