From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Blaster
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 1:29 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Email Question

IMAP will be your best choice.

Here's a few examples,

Using IMAP, If you were on your iPhone connected to your mail account and your husband was on the computer and connected to the same mail account, each action taken by either one of you, will be reflected in the others view.
That is to say, if you delete a message, the message will be deleted from your husbands PC and the other way around.

Using POP3, if you were to delete a message, it would still be on your husbands computer and the other way around.

If the server is set to deliver mail and delete any copies after the transaction, one device, either your iPhone or your husbands computer would have all of the new e-mail locally, and when the other person went to check the mail it would look to be empty.

If the server keeps emails on the server after checking for new mail, it would be possible for the server, the iPhone and the computer to all show a different selection of e-mails depending on which ones you saved, moved or deleted.

That could end up being a big mess, use IMAP!

HTH,
Blaster

On 7/30/21, Marilyn and Don Bilderback <djbilderback@cox.net> wrote:
We keep it simple and both use the same Email. No secrets after 58
years together. smile