Re: windows 10 with jaws

gbmagoo@...

Why don’t you share these with the group???

Ask for help, and when you find a answer somewhere you do not share it with of us who tried to help

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 10:39
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows 10 with jaws

I had heard there were ribbon disablers for windows 10, so I googled and got a couple programs I sent to my friend. I also sent him Gene's very thorough tutorial on how to use ribbons, so he has a choice by investigating both sides of the issue. I don't have windows 10 myself, but I'm collecting helpful material for when I get it.

Also I do appreciate the links to the groups you sent. That will also be helpful as well.

Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 12:07 PM

Really there’s a ribene disabler?

What is that n and how odes it work?

Thanks,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 7:52 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Marvin and all, thanks for your input and we will definitely be in touch with those who let me know they're available to help. When I get windows 10 it's a relief to know I can email my specific concerns to someone who's used it.

I think the main problem my friend is having is what I am having whenever I see a computer that has 10. He couldn't get regular list views and, like many of us, didn't comprehend ribbons so I sent him a ribbon disabler. What I wasn't aware of until now was the comprehensive info we can get from Freedom Scientific. I will certainly be making use of that and will let my friend know that help from them is also available.

I realize there have been disagreements in the group about people's comfort level and wanting to stick with certain things that they're used to from other programs. That's why there are some work-arounds like classic shell and other tools. I'm very glad many of you have caught on to the strange setup of 10, but some of us--at least starting out--want certain aspects to have at least some familiarity to us. So I appreciate the great help that comes, and I also hope that those who don't have trouble adjusting to 10 might try to understand that some are in a different place and need some extra help and ideas as we learn this operating system.

Joanne

Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 4:08 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] windows 10 with jaws

h. if you want to e-mail me and tell me what problems or issues. Been using windows 10 with jaws for about 7 years. A power user. So if I can help. Did you try googling if windows 10 utube. Did you try the freedom scientific training and then searching for windows 10.

Or what about the fs reader training about windows. That is for windows 10.

If you need help.

Happy to help.

Ps: don’t know of any programs which will have a shell like windows 7.

Just learn to use windows 10.

Marvin.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.