Re: personal settings in Windows10

Gene

Its for Windows 10 but if you open the start menu, you are in the start menus search.  Type default and you will be on default programs as the first result without moving through the list.  Read current line if you don’t hear where you are.  Press enter.  I don’t know if the procedure is the same in Windows 7 to set a default program but it is important to know how to use the start menu search.  You can often find something more quickly than opening this, then opening something else, and perhaps going through a number of steps to find something.  If you don’t know the exact phrase Windows calls what you want to do, type what you want to do.  For example, if you want to uninstall a program, if you search for uninstall program, you will find the uninstall utility.

If you want to find the downloades folder, type downloads.

Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2021 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] personal settings in Windows10

I try to do windows ke I and it doesn't work.  Is this supposed to be able
to work in windows 7 also?  It sounded so easy, but when I did windows key
I, I still ended up on the desktop, and the I put me on the internet
explorer icon that's on the desktop.  I know, because if I arrowed after
that, I saw the other icons that are on the desktop.  So, I can't seem to
get into this.  Pam.