Re: personal settings in Windows10

Gene

I don’t know the procedure in Windows 10.  But if you open default programs in the start menu search results, then tab around, you are in a part of control panel in Windows 7, you will find a link that says something like set default programs.  Follow it and see what is there.  I found the link but I didn’t go further.  Ask if you have questions or problems.

Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2021 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] personal settings in Windows10

This didn’t work for me.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2021 9:32 AM

It is not necessary to go through all these steps to get to default apps.  Just type "default" into the Windows 10 search box, select default apps, and tab through the list of browsers until you land on Google Chrome and select it to make it your default browser.

Gerald

On 8/1/2021 9:18 AM, George McCoy wrote:
Press windows + i to enter settings.

tab once to the list of settings.

press right arrow until you find apps and press enter.

Tab once to the list of app settings.

Down arrow once to default apps and press enter.

Tab through the default apps until you find web browser and click the button.

As you tab through, the current default app is listed.

Tab to the browser you want to use as your default and click the button.

Close settings.

Hth,

George

On 8/1/2021 8:03 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Morning all,

I want to make Google Chrome my default browser.  I looked through my tech folder and I can't find the instructions.  Somebody here gave excellent instructions some time back, and I thought I saved them, but I didn't.

I want to go to personal settings in Windows10 and make Google Chrome my default browser.  Can anybody help?

Ann P.