Re: personal settings in Windows10

George McCoy

Windows key + i works in windows 10 only. I thought the original question was for that version.

On 8/1/2021 9:00 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
I try to do windows ke I and it doesn't work.  Is this supposed to be able to work in windows 7 also?  It sounded so easy, but when I did windows key I, I still ended up on the desktop, and the I put me on the internet explorer icon that's on the desktop.  I know, because if I arrowed after that, I saw the other icons that are on the desktop.  So, I can't seem to get into this.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: George McCoy
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2021 9:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] personal settings in Windows10

Press windows + i to enter settings.

tab once to the list of settings.

press right arrow until you find apps and press enter.

Tab once to the list of app settings.

Down arrow once to default apps and press enter.

Tab through the default apps until you find web browser and click the
button.

As you tab through, the current default app is listed.

Tab to the browser you want to use as your default and click the button.

Close settings.

Hth,

George

On 8/1/2021 8:03 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Morning all,

I want to make Google Chrome my default browser.  I looked through my tech folder and I can't find the instructions. Somebody here gave excellent instructions some time back, and I thought I saved them, but I didn't.

I want to go to personal settings in Windows10 and make Google Chrome my default browser.  Can anybody help?

Ann P.