Re: Pizzara Audio Extractor

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

This was just a quick fix for a very casual and immediate need. The file was already toast when I got it. I usually don’t work with ccompressed audio when altering files for long term results.

From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 6:19 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Pizzara Audio Extractor

Hi Merv,

Just be aware that increasing the level of a file with Pazera Audio Extractor involves transcoding which means loss of audio quality if the target format is not lossless like wav or flac.  If the source file is an MP3 and you want to modify the gain without quality loss, you are better off using a program like MP3Gain.

Also, increasing the bitrate of a lossy format like MP3 does not improve the audio quality.  It actually reduces the quality because once again you are transcoding to a lossy format which means the encoder is throwing away even more data.