Re: Thunderbird Issue

Shelly Kane

Ron:

Yes, after I read your email, I tried accessing the account settings again and I pressed Insert Z and everything worked fine. I do have one question, since I'm now using an iMap account, whenever I delete my messages from Thunderbird, I'm not getting that dialogue box about compacting folders.  Is that OK?

Shelly

On 8/10/2021 9:25 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Shelly,

Can you access your account settings at all? If not, did you try turning off the virtual PC cursor in JAWS with insert + Z and then trying to navigate with up/down arrow keys in the tree view and/or tab and shift tab with the tab keys?  do you have the proper port settings for your account?
For incoming mail the port setting is 995 and for outgoing the port setting is 465.

for security the connection security is SSL/TLS     and authentication method is normal password.

If you cannot access these settings with JAWS you will need sighted help to set these ports and security settings correctly.

On 8/10/2021 5:32 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
    Hi Group:

I thought I would post this here to see if different opinions come in.  On Wednesday, I changed my gmail password because it hasn't been done in 8 years and thought it was time.  After I changed it, I was able to receive mail but then I couldn't send it.  I put in the password but it kept rejecting it so I went in to account settings and something got screwed up when I did that because now I can send mail but I can't receive it.  I can get it on my phone and go to the website but it's not downloading into my inbox in Thunderbird.  What happens when I open Thunderbird, it does nothing and then a few minutes later, it says the pop3 server has timed out.  I'm in the view window where I could go to the different boxes.  Jaws doesn't speak while I'm in account settings so I don't know if I hit something accidentally or not.  If someone can offer any assistance on how to get my mail coming back into Thunderbird, I would greatly appreciate it.  Simple instructions please!  Thanks in advance.

Shelly