Re: Thunderbird Issue

Gene

This is a discussion in a thunderbird forum.  I am not saying the information is correct, or what part of it is.  But it does give grounds to think that compacting is a good idea with a IMAP account for reasons that have nothing to do with saving ddisk space on your machine.

The forum doesn’t discuss how often compacting with an IMAP account may be advisable.

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Thunderbird Issue

Hi Shelly,

The compacting feaqture is not necessary. I have mine turned off under
general settings. You don't need that unless Thunderbird detects you are
running out of disk space. Actually, I have seen it even with large
disk  capacity hard drives, so I am not really sure what triggers it.

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!