Re: Chromebook Accessibility Part 2

Nimer Jaber

Yes, you can use other voices. You can purchase some, but you can also use any voice that you have on Android. On Android, Acapela, Vocalizer, and others are available. Eloquence was, and if you bought it when it was available, it can still be used, otherwise you're out of luck.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021, 22:20 heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Very interesting. I learned something knew, thanks from watching the video. I like the fact that the speech was normal sounding unlike when they came to the NFB convention and it was going super fast. That had to be the worst demonstration I sat in for at the convention.

was just wondering why does Chromebox sound so crappy.  I always think I went back in time from my old keynote gold days when I was in elementary school As the male voice sounds like the old voice and the old weather radar.  The female voice reminds me of the old startrek computer if I can get her to say “working, ready,  how do you feel, how do you feel,”” I look around for Mr. spock! Just thought I might ask on this list. So can you use a different voice if you need too?

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Friday, August 13, 2021 8:40 PM
To: TechTalk Group
Subject: [TechTalk] Chromebook Accessibility Part 2

Hello,

I've just released part two of my Chromebook accessibility tutorial. During this quick tutorial, I discuss and demonstrate Chromevox for web browsing, and talk about some ways to traverse through a web page.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.