Re: Questions Concerning Outlook

Gene

If that happens again, try down arrowing to see if you can be on the correct address.  I don’t know just what you did when the wrong domain was in the autocomplete list but if the program wants to be on one of the addresses, you should be able to up or down arrow to the correct one.

Gedne

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Questions Concerning Outlook

In my Outlook, I got a friend's suffix incorrect, dot com instead of dot net. So, I keep getting these problem delivery messages from my server.

I deleted her address again from my Contacts, reentered it, but still got the messages. Finally, I went to Outlook Settings, emptied my entire Auto-Complete file - BIG MISTAKE! I am having a time getting it rebuilt. Plus, I still get the messages. What a nuisance!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 8:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I don’t use Outlook and I don’t know how you delete autocomplete entries but as I said, even if you do, it will make so little difference in the amount of disk space you have that it is meaningless. 

As I believe I said, with an IMAP account, messages aren’t stored on the hard drive if you use the e-mail program’s default settings.  Even if they were, you would be using so little disk space that deleting them would mean almost nothing, even if you had a lot of messages on the drive.  You’d have a little more space but so little more that it would fill up again very quickly if you saved much of anything else. 

I don’t know why drafts keep returning.  When I delete them from my GMail account, using Thunderbird, they remain gone. 
Gene
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 6:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

To Carolyn and Gene,

Yes, I have used shift delete several times.  In fact, I used that method earlier, ate dinner, and just now checked the Draft folder; all the usual e-mails are back in the folder.

I have also used Control-Shift-B to get to the address book, and the same addresses are there as when I use Control-3.  I think I need to find out where autocomplete addresses are stored.

I am using an IMAP account.  Also with Outlook, received e-mail is found in the Inbox and then another folder called Important, so one has two copies of received e-mails which can add up quite fast.

Veronica

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 4:55 PM

Veronica, have you tried Shift Delete for Drafts?

As for your contacts, have you tried Control+Shift+B to get to your address book and go through them? HTH.

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Veronica Kirk
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 4:58 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Questions Concerning Outlook

Hello Everyone,

I am using outlook 2013 on my windows 7 computer.  Whenever I delete the items in the Draft folder, and I check the folder later, those same e-mails have returned.  Is there any way to permanently delete the e-mails in the Draft folder?

Another issue I have is that when I use Control-3 to read my contact list, only about eight contacts are listed, and these are contacts I don't use that often.  However, when I am sending an e-mail message and use Control-N, contacts appear depending on which letter the contact started with.
When using this method, there are quite a few contacts that I would like to delete, but I have not figured out a way to do so. 

I have had these issues for quite a while, and as I am quickly running out of disk space, I am trying to delete as much as possible from my computer.
Thanks for any help.

Veronica

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.