From: Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Question about a W D Smart ware external drive

You may very well have good sensitivity, but that doesn't mean that everyone else does.  I have both the Western Digital and SeaGate drive in various models in 1, 2 & 4 TB sizes, probably 10 or 12 in total.  You can feel when any one of them is running or not, and this goes for the several that have bit the dust in the past.  There is not an HDD external drive I've felt yet I couldn't tell if it was running or not and this includes Hitachi and Toshiba HDD's.  But, as you say I haven't seen them all , or felt them all , but that doesn't mean they all will.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.