Re: Scanning a QR code with an iPhone XR with latest IOS version?

Thomas N. Chan

I am curious about this topic, so I did some research.
1. natively iphone or IOS does not come with an app or interface to accomplish what you want to do. they can only scan out of the camera itself. like on another QR code on another surface like on another screen, paper or whatever. they need the camera to look at first before they can go into the internet and retrieve what  the code wants you to do.
2. you can download a free app call qr code scanner, you can find something similar  on the appstore and accomplish  what you want to do. They allow you to take the screenshot from the photo gallery and scan from the picture itself.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 at 10:56, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:

Okay, I'll tell you what kind of activity I'm doing.  I was trying to sign up for an account in which I downloaded their app.  Before I complete the signup, I apparently need to scan a QR code.  So my question is, can i use just my iPhone, or do I need to, say, sign up on another device, then scan the code on my iPhone?  Or could it be like a screenshot?

Thanks again,

On 8/30/2021 1:49 PM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi!
I am not clear on what you want to complete but you can scan a qr-code with seeing ai or the built-in qr reader on the Iphone.
This reader can be activated via the control center.
/A

30 aug. 2021 kl. 20:36 skrev Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...>:

Hi,

Is there an accessible way to scan a QR code on an iPhone XR with) latest IOS version to complete activities?  Can I do it on the same device, or do I need to use another trusted one?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

On 8/30/2021 1:17 PM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:
If its by default, you should have an app call code scanner at your control center when you pull down from the top.
alternatively, just open the camera, make sure you are using your back camera and aim at the qr code. if you got it, something will popup  on the screen.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan