Re: NCH software

Gene

Here is a page that discusses how to only search the folder and no subfolders.  Since I don’t have Windows 10, I’m not sure if you can set this setting in a similar way in Windows 10 and Windows 7.  The method described here appears to be different.  It appears that once you begin a search, items are available such as not to search subfolders.  these instructions may help you set this option.  you may have to do so for each search.

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NCH software

I just figured out how to not have the Windows search search subvfolders in Windows 7. It may be the same in Windows 10 but the way you get to the part of the dialog in the folder you are working with may be different.  This may be a universal command that applies everywhere once you change it.  I’ll let others explain how to do this in Windows 10.  I’ll explain it for Windows 7 if no explanations for Windows 10 are given so that you can see if you can figure out how to do this in Windows 10.