Re: Can't make G-Mail Basic view the default view after switching to Standard view

Thomas N. Chan

I have been using purely standard view for a year or so.
Yes, set to basic html view by default is no longer available.
I don't know of any work around beside what you have provided. As I understand, if you are use a support web browser, which support certain interface like html 5 and webapp , by default, what your going to get, it will be standard view.

To logout in standard view, you just need to hit enter on your username or email address at the top of the page.
Right below google apps
Google account: whatever@gmail.com
Once you hit enter, the menu will open, move down and you should find the sign out.

Google apps menu is where you can access to docs, sheet, photos, books, slide, contacts and so on.

A lot of interface is not perfect but its very useable

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

#1.

If I go to gmail.com and login to my account I'll be in standard view
layout by default, I can click the switch to basic view manually, but
I need to do this every time I login.
Here's the work-a-round, If I Copy and paste this link to login to my
G-Mail account, once logged in I'm in the basic view layout just like
it used to be.

https://mail.google.com/?ui=html

#2.
Finding a way to sign out of my G-Mail e-mail account when in standard view.
When in my e-mail account I couldn't find a sign out link or button.
If I Copy and paste this link into my browser while in my open G-Mail
e-mail account, it will sign me out of my account.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?logout&hl=en

So here's my question. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Am I
missing something and making this more difficult than it needs to be?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Blaster