Is the mantis braille display quiet? I’m asking because I work in radio broadcasting and audio editing. I don’t need a noisy braille display making noise in the background while recording something. I need something that’s quiet so as not to interfere with the recording. Just wondering.

Thanks,

Victor

On Apr 9, 2021, at 6:43 AM, Pat Seed <patatips@tbaytel.net> wrote:

Hi Pam and All,
I Remember the Versa-Braille run by cassette!

That is what I started with, along with the PMC101 Micromate run on DOS and CP/M!

Of course, (with smiles), we realize, that dates all of us who remember and used this technology.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed
(807) 473-0909

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pamela Dominguez" <pammygirl99@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Braille Displays

The first refreshable braille I saw was the original versabraille that used cassettes for the data. I remember going to a lecture on it, and wondering: "Braille on a cassette?" They also gave out a thermoformed handout which I had in my junk for quight a while. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 4:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I think the first refreshable Braille display I used was an alva 80. It was the size of a table top and cost around 15 grand.

Chris Judge