Re: personal settings in Windows10

John Holcomb II

Oh! I thought you were using Windows 10, sorry about that.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 6:22 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] personal settings in Windows10

I happen to be using windows seven, and I’m trying to change my default browser.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 7:20 PM

Telling folks what Windows 7 does is not helpful when they aren’t using that OS. For one thing Windows 10 doesn’t call anything a program.

In Windows 10, tap the windows key. Type default. The very first option that comes up is choose a default  web browser.

Hit enter  once that is spoken.

It’ll say Choose default app: Microsoft edge  button (As MS Edge is my default browser in my case.)

Now hit  the space bar  and that will let you change the default browser.

Once you hit  space it’ll say

Choose an App  Choose an app, Microsoft edge button.

Next  tab. In my case I cycle around the browser choices which is Firefox or internet explorer.

If I choose Firefox, MS comes up with a popup which states their browser is new and I should check it out. Tabbing in this popup dialog will give you the choice to switch anyway button , or check it out!  Button.

If I hit space on switch anyway, then my browser is set to Firefox (since that is the one I chose.)

It’ll say Choose Default app:  Firefox now.

So yeah…. again. Its not the same as Windows 7.

John