Re: Downloads of Spotify Podcasts on iPhones: Where do they go?

Vicki W

Well, if they do, that's new. If something is exclusive to Spotify, you may be able to download it, but you can't play it. The extension won't work on anything but Spotify.

The last time I tried this, I downloaded it to my Dropbox folder on my phone from the Spotify App, and it had a weird extension. I moved it to my computer via Dropbox after trying to play it in Dropbox, and the extension wouldn't convert and wouldn't play.

I've tried copying the episode URL when using it on my computer, even when signed into my Spotify account, and it does nothing.

I've tried this even with files that have not been announced as exclusive to Spotify and are supposed to be free and I still can't get it to work.

Feel free to e-mail me off list and I can answer any other questions you may have.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Downloads of Spotify Podcasts on iPhones: Where do they go?

Hi Vicki,

I do see the downloads in the Spotify library, but I can't manipulate them to move to other devices or e-mail them or send them to my PC. I am a bit confused over this. Spotify says on their website that you can download episodes for export to other devices.

On 9/17/2021 10:33 AM, Vicki W wrote:
Try looking in your Spotify library.

I think there is also a folder in Spotify called Your Episodes.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: "TechTalk Mailing List" <TechTalk@groups.io>; "TechTalk Mailing List" <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 4:53 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Downloads of Spotify Podcasts on iPhones: Where do they go?

Hi Group,

I have been using the Spotify app on my iPhone SE and 8. The app works reasonably well, but I have a question about just where downloads go when you select to download an episode or show you have listened to. I don't see them anywhere on the files/downloads folder on either iPhone. So just where do they go?

Thanks for any help.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.