Re: Mystery about an online purchase but a concerning one

Pamela Dominguez

I have never seen that, but it would scare me, too.  Is the company you used, maybe a subsidiary of another company.  If that is the case, maybe that’s how they got your stuff.  I don’t know.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 5:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Mystery about an online purchase but a concerning one

Hi all.  This is a kinda mystery but I'd say a little concerning although I'm not losing sleep over it but it does show to what extent our personal details are spread far and wide without our knowledge, let me explain.

Last week I purchased the software WALTR Pro.  This programme allows one to put files such as ringtones, books music videos etc. on Apple products very simply without using iTunes.  I bought this programme from Softorino and the payment was done via a payment service called "FastSpring."  OK, so far, so good.  I went to the payment page and the first thing they wanted was my email address, so did that.  The next thing they wanted was my name so I put in my first name.  Then suddenly all other fields were populated automatically with my second name, My home address, my credit card number and expiry date, everything except the security number on the back of the credit card and all details were correct.  I wondered just how this was possible because I have never had any dealings with Softorino nor FastSpring before.  This is the first time anything like this has happened but the fact that such details are widely known is concerning.  Has anybody here encountered such a thing before?  By the way there was no scam use Because I got the activation code and it activated the programme fine and the programme works like a charm, and very quickly automatically putting the right file in the correct app i.e. music in the music app, ringtone in the phone app and audio books in the book app.  Walter.